School of Business Goals and Core Values
West Virginia Wesleyan College’s Four Mission Goals:
... the college aspires to graduate broadly educated men and women who:
- Think critically and creatively,
- Communicate effectively,
- Act responsibly, and
- Demonstrate their local and world citizenship through service.
Mission Statement of the School of Business: The School of Business is a community of passionate educators and learners who work collectively to graduate socially-responsible, broadly-educated, and marketable business and civic leaders. We believe that successful leaders seek collective good in addition to individual profit, and are anchored in values of integrity, stewardship, courage, and passion. Through our curriculum and co-curricular activities, we seek to develop values-centered leaders and advance responsible business practice.
School of Business Vision: We aspire to develop business and civic leaders who will make a positive contribution locally, regionally, and globally; and to ensure student satisfaction and employability.
School of Business Core Values:
- Technical Competence – Our faculty and students will be competent in the contemporary skills and knowledge of their respective Business & Economic disciplines.
- Social Responsibility – We believe that business should add value to society, therefore our programs promote a consciousness of the social, economic, ethical, and environmental effects of business.
- Multiple Perspectives – We strive to prepare graduates to be citizens of the world, through curricular and other experiences that are inclusive and respectful of a variety of cultures and viewpoints.
- Applied Learning – We encourage students and faculty to practice knowledge and skills in real-life settings in ways that enhance learning and contribute to the community.
School of Business Student-Learning Goals & Objectives:
Each student will:
- Recognize and analyze business problems and develop the knowledge, skills, and abilities to make informed decisions in business administration, accounting, finance, economics, quantitative skills, management, and marketing.
- Conceptualize complex issues into a coherent written statement and oral presentation.
- Understand and be able to use leadership, team building, and collaborative behaviors in the accomplishment of group tasks.
- Develop an understanding of current business issues including global issues and ethics.
- Demonstrate quantitative and qualitative competency in all the core areas of in business administration, accounting, finance, economics, management, and marketing.