The Engineering-3/2-Option prepares students for a degree in engineering. By taking part in this program, a student can earn two degrees in a total of about 5 years.
One of these degrees is the B.A. in Physics from Wesleyan. The other degree is one of the following:
The Engineering-3/2-Option enables engineering students to start with a solid foundation for engineering with Wesleyan's smaller classes and labs.
Students finish their work at Wesleyan in 3 years. Then they transfer to complete their study of engineering at the chosen university.
When they complete their work at the university, students will have a degree in physics from Wesleyan and a degree in engineering from the university. Wesleyan courses have been approved for credit at the universities.
Students may select from the following fields:
Construction and Management Engineering
Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering
Minors are available in
Electrical Power Engineering
· You can obtain two degrees in the same amount of time required for most students to obtain one degree, and one of these can be a Master's degree.
· Wesleyan is a small friendly college.
· Your classes and labs will be taught by a professor, not a graduate student.
· Your professors will be readily accessible for help on assignments or career guidance.
· You can easily participate in other college activities such as athletics, plays, musical groups, and student government.
· A liberal arts degree combined with an engineering degree provides greater flexiblity in career choices throughout life.