About the Five-Year Program
Wesleyan’s M.Ed. Program is a 36 hour program with specialization in multi-categorical special education or reading specialization. The program consists of 18 core Master's hours and 18 concentrated hours in either multi-categorical special education or reading.
Five-Year Master’s candidates will begin the program during their fourth year at Wesleyan. While they complete their undergraduate requirements, candidates will also enroll in evening, May and summer, and weekend graduate courses during the last two years.
Benefits of a Five-Year Master’s in Education Degree
* In five years at Wesleyan, you can graduate with two degrees and at least two areas of certification, instead of just an undergraduate degree and one certification.
* You will obtain a specialization within the education field in an area that is currently highly favored by schools.
* The M.Ed. sets you apart from those who only have a Bachelor’s degree, providing you an advantage in the hiring process.
* You will be qualified to contribute to your profession by helping to fill the current shortage in the fields of special education or as a Reading Specialist.
* The program provides you with advanced-level coursework and additional classroom and research opportunities which will strengthen your practice.
*Students should indicate intent to enroll by October of their Junior Year*
Contact Dr. Lynn Rupp at email@example.com or 304.473.8028 for more information.