About the Post-Baccalaureate Accelerated Initial Certification Program:
- West Virginia Wesleyan College will begin recruiting and admitting candidates into this new Master's in Education program beginning March 2009.
- This program is designed to serve individuals who already possess an undergaduate degree and now wish to pursue initial teaching certification in a secondary-education content area.
- The program is ideal for individuals who are interested in returning to the workforce or changing careers.
- Candidates must possess an undergraduate degree in a secondary teaching content field (e.g., English, math, science, or one of the areas of social studies).
- Applicants who have completed any undergraduate degree in other areas may be admitted with the condition that they complete the required courses in a content area prior to or during the Master's program.
To access the complete curriculum requirements for each content area, click on the links below.
To view a sample Program of Study (which courses to take when) for a full-time Post-Baccalaureate candidate click on this link: Post-Baccalaureate Full-Time Program of Study
The courses will continue to rotate on this schedule, so that part-time candidates may determine their own long-term Programs of Study.
Click here to view the course descriptions for this program: Post-Baccalaureate Course Descriptions