Residency (Residence Hall) Requirement and Other Obligations:
- Residency Requirement (as stated in Student Handbook): West Virginia Wesleyan College (WVWC) is a residential institution and features residence hall education focusing on student learning and personal development as part of its distinct academic mission. Therefore, students are required to live on campus unless an exception is approved by the Office of Campus Life. Residence Hall Room and Accommodation Agreements are for the entire academic year (August through May).
- Applications for an exception to the residence requirement for continuing students must be submitted to the Office of Campus Life. Leases or other living arrangements should not be confirmed until exceptions are verified in writing from the Office of Campus Life. Letters of exception will be distributed via campus mailboxes.
- Non-traditional age - reaching 23 prior to the beginning of the fall semester.
- Married - verified with a marriage license.
- Living at home (or with an acceptable family member; aunt, uncle, grandparent, legal guardian) within a 40 mile radius from campus - a notarized letter from parent(s) or legal guardian(s) verifying who the student is living with and also verifying the address is required. The address must also be on file with the school as the student’s permanent address. The Office of Campus Life may also ask for further verification if necessary.
- Medical release process: To obtain the necessary documentation to initiate this process. (for meal plan exceptions or housing exceptions)
- Please be aware that in any of the above cases, a submission of documentation found to be false will result in the student being referred for judicial action.
Non-released residents will retain residential status and will make plans to continue living in main campus residence halls for the coming academic year and will do this by participating in the Room Selection Process.