Sororities at West Virginia Wesleyan College
What is Greek Council?
Greek Council is the governing organization to all recognized fraternities and sororities on campus. The Greek Council consists of one representative from each of Wesleyan's five fraternities and four sororities.
The purposes of Greek Council include:
- Representing Greek Life interests to the College and community
- Promotion of the concept of self-governance among Greek organizations
- Coordinating membership recruitment/fraternity expansion activities
- Promoting and coordinating community service
- Coordinating intramural sports among fraternities
- Sponsoring various educational programs and leadership development
experiences for chapters
- Initiating various public relations projects for the Greek community
- Managing judicial affairs
- Planning various activities throughout the year which meet the social, recreational, educational, and career development goals of the Greek community.
The Wesleyan Interfraternity and Panhellenic Councils have been recognized as among the most outstanding Greek governing councils in the nation and will continue to use their core principles in leading our Greek community.