Residence Life Employment Information
Current Staff Openings
There are currently no open Residence Life staff positions.
2014-2015 RA application forms will be available January 13th, 2014 in the Campus Life Office between 10:00 AM and 4:30 PM Monday through Friday.
Becoming a Resident Assistant
“RA Information Session”: Nov. 20 @ 8:00 pm in Social Hall or Dec. 4 @ 8:00 pm Social Hall
- RA Informational Sessions allow students to begin gathering application materials and ask all necessary questions about the RA position.
- A Residence Live Coordinator and a panel of currently staffed RAs will be there to answer any questions and share experiences.
- Students interested in RA positions are asked to attend an information session so that the Office of Campus Life can provide students with valuable information about the job benefits and qualifications.
“RA Meet and Greet Day”: Wednesday, Jan. 23rd from 12:00-1:00pm Social Hall
- Take the opportunity to meet Resident Assistants from each building to ask questions, receive information on all aspects of residence life, and enjoy some refreshments!
“RA Appreciation Day”: Friday, Feb. 15th All Day
- All departments and all students are welcome to participate in RA Appreciation Day.
“Group Processing Day”: TBD
- Group Processing Day is a day that all applicants are brought together and participate in multiple Group Oriented activities to help the Campus Life Staff during the hiring process.
RA Application Due Dates
- Applications to be considered for an RA position starting in the Fall 2014 Semester
- Applications Available January 13th, 2014 in the Campus Life Office
- Applications Due February 7th for Fall 2014 Semester
- Includes: Resume, Reference Letters, completed Application Form, and completed Job Shadow form
- Due by 4:00pm to the Office of Campus Life
- “RA Job Shadow” forms due Jan. 30th for Fall 2013 Semester with Application
- Each applicant must “Shadow” a current RA one night prior to completing the application process.
- RAs will also be individually interviewed by the Campus Life Professional staff and will sign up for available interview times when turning in their Application.
Any Questions or Comments please e-mail Garbark_N@wvwc.edu or stop by the Campus Life Office and someone will guide you to the person you need to talk to!