Date Posted: 04/11/2014
West Virginia Wesleyan College is seeking an Admission Counselor to join a dynamic and energetic Office of Admission staff. The ideal candidate will be motivated, dedicated, hard-working, and will possess a strong desire to succeed.
• Management of a geographic recruitment territory with targets, extensive travel, and follow-up;
• Ability to conduct oral presentations about Wesleyan to a variety of constituents, including prospective students and parents, guidance counselors, and college personnel;
• Interview prospective students;
• Application review and scholarship consideration;
• Work weeknights and weekends;
• Participate in on-campus and regional college events;
• Independent coordination of admission programs;
• Other duties as assigned by director.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Proven verbal and written communication skills
• An outgoing and positive attitude
• Knowledge and experience of best practice and implementation of social media
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to represent the College in a professional manner in interacting with students, parents, alumni, school counselors, and much more
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
• Willingness to work weeknights and weekends
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and current resume, by April 25, 2014, to the following.
Director of Admission
West Virginia Wesleyan College
59 College Avenue
Buckhannon, WV 26201
West Virginia Wesleyan College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the College to create a favorable work environment in whichall employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religious affiliation, can enjoy equal opportunities in their employment relationship with the College.