Assistant Professor - Accounting
Date Posted: 12/19/2013
The faculty in the School of Business at West Virginia Wesleyan College is searching for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Accounting colleague, to begin in August 2014. Teaching assignments may include undergraduate-level courses in auditing, accounting information systems, financial and managerial accounting. Options to teach in the MBA program and during May and Summer Terms may also be available.
• Undergraduate teaching load of four courses per semester (typically three preps)
• Collaboration on curricular enhancements and decisions
• Assessment of student learning and continuous improvement in teaching and learning
• Student advising and scheduling
• Participation in school and college-level administrative governance
• Continuing development of scholarly and professional capabilities
• Master’s in Accounting from accredited college or university, at the time of appointment
• CPA license
• Commitment to and passion for teaching
• MBA or business experience
• Undergraduate teaching experience
• Evidence of teaching quality
• Experience in collaborative educational activities
The School of Business offers undergraduate majors in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, International Business, Management, Marketing, Sport Business, and a Master of Business Administration. West Virginia Wesleyan College is firmly rooted in the liberal arts tradition and affiliated with The United Methodist Church. The mission of the college is to graduate broadly educated men and women, who think critically and creatively, communicate effectively, act responsibly, and demonstrate their local and world citizenship through service. The college is located in the friendly and progressive small town of Buckhannon, in the central part of West Virginia. Further details about the college are available at www.wvwc.edu.
For additional information about the position, please contact Dr. Susan Aloi, Director of the School of Business at 304.473.8580 or email@example.com. Details regarding the School of Business can be found on the School website: http://www.wvwc.edu/academics/dept/business/.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Interested applicants should submit the following items, as attachments in electronic format, to Dr. Boyd Creasman.
1. Letter of application
2. Curriculum vitae (resume)
3. Graduate transcripts (unofficial copies are fine for application purposes)
4. One to two page Statement of Educational Philosophy
5. List of five references, with email and telephone contact information
Dr. Boyd Creasman
Vice President for Academic Affairs
West Virginia Wesleyan College
59 College Avenue
Buckhannon, WV 26201
West Virginia Wesleyan College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the College to create a favorable work environment in whichall employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religious affiliation, can enjoy equal opportunities in their employment relationship with the College.