Director of Computing Services
Date Posted: 05/19/2014
West Virginia Wesleyan College is accepting applications for a full-time, 12-month Director of Computing Services. Reporting directly to the Vice President for Administration and Finance, this position manages and supervises the information technology function of the College, both academic and non-academic. The more specific roles and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
• Active ongoing participation in the supervision and leadership of the staff within the department, as well as evaluation of individual performance.
• Excellent computing skills, combined with excellent communication skills.
• A high level of visibility and out front, deliberate efforts to communicate with all constituents and stakeholders.
• Ability to be self-motivated and a self- starter.
• A willingness to support and nurture an environment of professional development and training for IT staff and end users.
• Superior organizational skills with an ability to manage a variety of projects at the same time, an ability to prioritize and practice good time management, and demonstrate follow-through to completion.
• An interest in staying abreast of new and changing technologies in the higher education environment.
• Ability to anticipate equipment, software, licensing and other refresh/upgrade needs and additions relative to the computing, network, bandwidth needs, learning management systems, and other technology systems, including telecommunications systems and surveillance technologies.
• Willingness and ability to address/confront personnel and disciplinary action issues as they might arise.
• Familiarity with Ellucian products, especially Datatel management information software.
• Ability to lead strategic / long range planning relative to the College’s technology and computing activities.
• Willingness to participate actively in the ICE consortium’s work, attend meetings on a regular basis.
• Excellent budget development and control skills.
• Analytical skills, with an ability to investigate different options and approaches to problem solving, and to offer recommendations based on research and best practices, keeping in mind budgetary constraints and the appropriateness of products and technologies for the end user.
• Other duties, as assigned.
Direct Reports include all IT, Help Desk, Audio-Visual, and Telecommunications staff.
Qualifications and Requirements:
The successful candidate will have completed a graduate degree in a Technology or Management discipline. A minimum of ten years of experience working in Information Technology in a complex organization, preferably in higher education, is expected. Prior proven IT leadership and management experience will be a strong consideration in the selection process.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, current resume, and contact information for three references, by June 6, 2014, to the following.
Director of Human Resources
West Virginia Wesleyan College
59 College Avenue
Buckhannon, WV 26201
West Virginia Wesleyan College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the College to create a favorable work environment in whichall employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religious affiliation, can enjoy equal opportunities in their employment relationship with the College.