Skip Navigation

Patterson Named as New Coordinator of Emeritus Club

Posted
Nov 7, 2017

Molly Patterson has been named the new Emeritus Club Coordinator at West Virginia Wesleyan College, effective November 1.  Patterson will also continue to serve her current role as Coordinator of Stewardship in addition to her new duties.

Patterson began her tenure at Wesleyan in August 1996 as the Advancement Assistant in the Advancement Office.  Through the years, she has served as Campaign Assistant and Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Advancement.  A native of Cleveland, OH, she graduated from business college and was employed by Price Waterhouse before relocating to Upshur County.  Prior to the College, Patterson worked at First Community Bank as a bank teller and a customer service representative.

Patterson is excited to take on the duties this new role entails, citing friendship and fellowship as her main goals.

“The purpose of the Club is to promote friendship and fellowship to our older alumni,” Patterson stated.  “I want to coordinate with the Club’s officers to help ensure our alumni feel welcome when they return to their ‘Home Among the Hills.’”

It was just over two decades ago that Patterson joined Wesleyan’s Advancement Office, so she feels as though she has been a part of the team for a long time.

“I feel like I have grown up with many of our alumni since I have been here numerous years,” she said.  “In the last 20 years, I have made meaningful friendships with many of the folks who have moved into the Emeritus Club.  I am looking forward to visiting with ones I know and introducing myself to the ones I do not.  I am truly honored to work at Wesleyan and am grateful to the mentors and colleagues I have had along the way.”

Patterson resides in Buckhannon with her husband, Kevin.  They have two sons, Christopher ’08 and wife Samantha of Morgantown, WV, and Casey and wife Kaitlin of San Antonio, TX, and three grandchildren: Lain, Tucker, and Eleanor.

The Emeritus Club was organized in 1961 and is open to anyone who attended or graduated from Wesleyan 50 or more years ago, regardless of whether a degree was obtained.  To become a member or receive additional information, please contact Patterson at patterson_m@wvwc.edu or (304) 473-8540.