Welcome to Wesleyan Career Services
Our mission is to help students transition successfully to Life-After-Wesleyan. Follow the links below for help in designing a plan that complements your academic focus and builds a personalized foundation for the future.
How you can benefit by using Career Services resources
Find out how to identify and explore career options, and learn how to design a plan for achieving your goals.
- Check out our 4 Year Planning Guide. It maps steps that lead to student success for each of the 4-5 undergraduate years.
- Fill out a Personal Profile. This planning tool can help you visualize how to define and pursue goals in nine key areas that impact post-graduate success.
Become a persuasive self-advocate. Learn how to communicate your value to employers by developing competitive skills in resume and cover letter writing, and by developing an interview strategy that maximizes positive outcomes.
Check out What Can I Do With This Major? (Make sure you use the link to connect to this resource. Bookmarking or typing in the address will result in being redirected). The information in this link helps you explore a multitude of career options for your major. This resource includes types of employers seeking graduates with your undergraduate degree, job search strategies, plus information on professional associations and related resources.
You choose – Career Services serves our students in many different ways
We reach students in classrooms, student-led organizations, athletic team meetings, Greek Life get-togethers, and in residence hall programs. Our staff is also available for individual meetings. Below is a list of the services we provide:
- freshmen-sophomore career planning classes
- junior-senior job search classes
- information and skill seminars (check out some of our sample seminar topics here)
- class and group presentation preparation
- resume writing preparation (by major)
- cover letter writing resources
- interviewing assets development
- graduate school options
- strategies for internship and job search
- employment options by major
- post-graduate goals/decision-making
*If you are off campus you will be required to log in to the site. The username will be your last name, and the password will be the PXXXXX number located above the barcode on the back of your Student ID card.
How to connect with Career Services
We are located in the Student Success Center
1st Floor of the Administration Building
The office is open Monday-Friday from 8:00 am-4:30 pm
Contact Barbara Morrissette, Career Services Director
Email: email@example.com | Phone: 304.473.8162