Annie Merner Pfeiffer Library
Spring 2021 – Library Reopening Plan/Policies
In compliance with College policy and guidance from the CDC and Upshur-Buckhannon Health Department, the Library will implement and enforce precautionary protocols, including the universal mask policy. Read the full list here.
- Library capacity is reduced 50% from 360 to 180 persons.
- The Library will be open 24/7 via swipe card access, but some portions of the Library (including some huddle rooms) may be closed during certain hours to reduce traffic flow and noise in areas where classes are in session.
- Other areas of the Library may be closed periodically to allow for deep cleaning. Patrons are expected to abide by all posted signage.
- The Library will be closed until further notice to members of the general public. Only those affiliated with West Virginia Wesleyan (students, faculty, and staff) are allowed to access the building.
- Pedestrian traffic flow will be regulated in the following ways:
- Library Rear Entrance: is now ENTER ONLY (do not exit the building using these doors)
- Library Historic Front Entrance: is now EXIT ONLY (doors will be locked from the outside)
- All traffic going UP to the 2nd floor should use the left side front stairwell and follow posted signage
- All traffic going DOWN from the 2nd floor so stay to the right side of the stairs and follow posted signage
- The campus-wide universal mask policy is mandatory at all times in the Library.
- Huddle Rooms
Capacity for each huddle room is one person at a time. No group work in huddle rooms is permitted. When using a huddle room, students are responsible for cleaning high touch surfaces (tabletops, door handles, light switches) upon entering and leaving the space.
- The campus-wide social distancing policy is in effect throughout the Library
Do not move furniture and do not cluster furniture into group configurations.
- Students are expected to serve as “supplemental cleaners” by utilizing public cleaning supplies that are placed around the building.
- A plexiglass barrier is installed at the circulation desk – if you require librarian assistance, please come to the plexiglass barrier to interact with library staff.
- The stacks area will continue to be closed for browsing until further notice. Consult the Library staff for assistance in locating books or other materials in the stacks.