Requesting a proxy account through Colleague Self-Service
A proxy is someone that you authorize to act on your behalf to view your student records and / or pay your bill.
YOU WILL NEED:
Access to your West Virginia Wesleyan College Colleague Self-Service account username and password
Personal information for your proxy—including their date of birth, SSN, email address, and full name
1. Go to www.wvwc.edu/self-service
2. Log into your Colleague Self-Service account
3. Click your username in the top right-hand corner, then click View/Add Proxy Access
4. Click the Please Select box under Select a Proxy at the bottom of the page. Then click Add Another User
5. Fill in required fields for your proxy. Please note that all fields on this form are required.
6. Once you are finished, you will need to select the information you wish to share with your proxy. Check the box next to each piece of information you wish to share with your proxy. Please note the following:
a. All Student Finance boxes should be checked if your wish for your proxy to be able to both view your bill
and make payments toward your bill through Colleague Self-Service.
b. The Grades check box will allow your proxy to view all your grade reports online.
c. The Award Letter and My Awards check boxes will allow your proxy to view all of your financial aid online.If you have a FERPA waiver on file in the Registrar or Financial Aid Office, and your proxy is named on that waiver, then that person will still be able to access information about your grades, schedule and financial aid in person or
over the phone even if you remove or do not provide online access.
7. Click the box next to the “I authorize the institution…” statement under the Disclosure Agreement heading at the bottom of the page, then click the blue Submit button. You may have to reenter your password to proceed.
8. Your proxy will receive two emails—one with a username, and one with a password. Proxies will access the student’s account by following Steps 1 and 2 above, using the username and password in those emails. Proxies are required to change their temporary password upon their first login.
Students may change or remove proxy access at any time by following steps 1-3. Under the Active Proxies heading please select the blue pencil icon to the right of the proxy you wish to edit. Check or un-check each item you want to change and then click the blue save button. Your proxy will then receive an email indicating you have changed or removed their access.
For security reasons West Virginia Wesleyan College requires re authorization of all proxy access to be completed by May 30th every year. You will receive an email regarding this sometime in May.