COVID-19 Financial Aid Resources
The Financial Aid Office at West Virginia Wesleyan College is aware of the financial burden the Coronavirus Pandemic has created for our students. The institution wants you to know that our staff is available to assist you. If you are experiencing financial issues, contact our office by email at email@example.com or text at 304-473-8080. Below is a list of resources that you might be able to utilize to help with this burden.
- CARES Act Funding for Students
West Virginia Wesleyan College has been allocated funding through the CARES Act to provide emergency relief to students impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The intent of these funds is to serve the “sole and exclusive purpose of providing emergency financial aid grants to students for their expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus, such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and child-care expenses” in accordance with Section 18004(c) of the CARES Act.
Students that filed the 2019-2020 FAFSA and are planning to return to Wesleyan for the fall semester will receive a distribution of these funds via check at their address on file. The College is awaiting guidance from the Department of Education regarding our ability to provide this funding to our recently graduated seniors and students not intending to return to Wesleyan.
An application is available below for students to apply for additional funds if the first allocation does not cover expenses related to COVID-19. Students will be required to provide documentation if the total funds requested, including the original disbursement, exceeds $700.
- The Special Circumstance Form –
The following is a sample of a Special Circumstance Form completed and what additional documentation will be required for the Financial Aid Office to process it.
The example below is of parents being laid off because of the COVID-19. Please remember to include the additional documentation as we will not be able to process it without documentation.
In the example situation of unemployment of the student’s parents, the following documentation must be included:
- Completed Special Circumstance Form
- Detailed explanation of your family’s circumstances
- Signed copy of the parents’ 2019 tax return and W-2’s
- Last pay stub that each parent received from employment and termination letter(s)
- Verification of the amount of unemployment and/or other income that each family member is receiving
The example Special Circumstance Form is attached here: (Example Special Circumstance Form)
The special circumstance form you will need to complete is attached at the following link with instructions on how to complete it – (Special Circumstance Form)
- Outside Scholarship Presentation at the following link: https://www.wvwc.edu/admissions-aid/financial-aid-scholarships/outside-scholarship-workshop/
- For further information or questions, please contact Susan George, Director of Financial Aid, at firstname.lastname@example.org.