Creative Arts Scholarships
Are you an aspiring performing or creative artist, or just looking to continue your passion for the arts while in college? You may be eligible to receive a Creative Arts Scholarship. These awards may also be combined with Academic Scholarships, ranging from $13,000 to $17,000.
Scholarships are available in:
- Visual Arts
- Graphic Design
- Instrumental Music
- Vocal Music
- Musical Theatre
- Technical Theatre
- Creative Writing
On-campus and Virtual Auditions
We will be providing creative and performing arts auditions as part of the December 4, 2021 Fall Open House. This event will include an admissions presentation, student panel, academic overview, campus tour, lunch and finish with auditions for creative arts scholarships. If you would like to register for this event, please click the button below and complete the registration form.
Whether you are destined to be a star or decide to major and minor in another academic area, we want you to find your creative voice within the arts at WVWC!Schedule My Review
If you would like to schedule an on-campus private audition along with a campus tour, please schedule an on-campus visit through the Office of Admissions by clicking here. If you have already received a campus tour and would only like to schedule an on-campus private audition, please contact Amanda Barnette at email@example.com. You can also complete a virtual audition by submitting a digital portfolio or online performance videos.
If you would like to submit an online virtual audition for instrumental and/or vocal music, please complete the information form by clicking here. Information about what is required for a music audition can be found here.
Audition and Portfolio Requirements
- Instrumental Music: Two etudes demonstrating both technique and musicianship
- Keyboard: Two pieces in contrasting styles
- Vocal Music: Two contrasting pieces, one of which should be in a language other than English
- Theatre Arts: Two contrasting monologues which must be memorized and no more than one minute each in length
- Musical Theatre: 24-36 measures of a song and one contrasting monologue which should be memorized and 1-2 minutes in length
- Technical Theatre: Example of artwork, resume of experience, and a portfolio of technical work
- Dance: A 2-3 minute dance piece of your choice
- Creative Writing: 2–4 pages, non-fiction or fiction essay; poetry may be submitted in a portfolio style
- Visual Art & Graphic Design: A completed application along with a physical or digital version of your portfolio
- Literature: 3-4 page analysis of a literary work
To complete the Creative Arts Scholarship Letter of Agreement, click here.