Creative Arts Scholarships
Are you an aspiring performing or creative artist, or just looking to continue your passion for the arts while in college? You may be eligible to receive a Creative Arts Scholarship. These awards may also be combined with Academic Scholarships, ranging from $13,000 to $17,000.
Scholarships are available in:
- Visual Arts
- Graphic Design
- Instrumental Music
- Vocal Music
- Musical Theatre
- Technical Theatre
- Creative Writing
During your audition and review, you will have the opportunity to meet with our faculty and tour our 7.2 million dollar performing arts center and arts spaces.
Whether you are destined to be a star or decide to major and minor in another academic area, we want you to find your creative voice within the arts at WVWC!Schedule My Review
On-campus Review Dates
- February 22
- March 21
If you cannot join us for one of our preferred audition dates, you may request a private audition or request to submit a digital portfolio or online performance videos.
Audition and Portfolio Requirements
- Instrumental Music: Two etudes demonstrating both technique and musicianship
- Keyboard: Two pieces in contrasting styles
- Vocal Music: Two contrasting pieces, one of which should be in a language other than English
- Theatre Arts: Two contrasting monologues which must be memorized and no more than one minute each in length
- Musical Theatre: 24-36 measures of a song and one contrasting monologue which should be memorized and 1-2 minutes in length
- Technical Theatre: Example of artwork, resume of experience, and a portfolio of technical work
- Dance: A 2-3 minute dance piece of your choice
- Creative Writing: 2–4 pages, non-fiction or fiction essay; poetry may be submitted in a portfolio style
- Visual Art & Graphic Design: A completed application along with a physical or digital version of your portfolio
- Literature: 3-4 page analysis of a literary work
To complete the Creative Arts Scholarship Letter of Agreement, click here.