How D.O. I Apply?
The Go D.O.! Early Scholars Program is designed for highly motivated high school students who are interested in pursuing an osteopathic medical degree and complete the following admission requirements:
- Apply for Admissions to West Virginia Wesleyan College. Applicants are encouraged to utilize the “Go D.O.” Application found here created uniquely for this program.
- There is no cost to apply.
- Priority deadline for consideration is November 15, 2021 though applications will be considered on a rolling basis thereafter.
- Choose either the WVSOM Biology Major or WVSOM Biochemistry Major on the application and send a transcript of your high school work.
- Submit a transcript through three years of study showing a cumulative high school GPA of 3.75 on a 4.0 scale
- Submit an ACT or SAT score report showing a minimum composite ACT of 30 or SAT 1390 (from critical reading and Math).
- Submit letters of reference/recommendation from two of the following:
- High school administrator (principal, assistant principal, or a guidance counselor).
- Science or Math teacher whom can detail the students’ academic performance.
Applicants will then be invited for an on-campus interview or virtual interview at WVSOM. Interviews will typically occur during the winter/spring prior to the applicants’ enrollment at WVWC. Applicants must have an acceptable interview for admittance into the Program. Up to 10 applicants will be selected to the Program per year.