GSA Scholarship Auditions
West Virginia Wesleyan College is excited to be hosting a Governor’s School of the Arts Reunion on Saturday, December 2.
Join your GSA friends, family and the WVWC Creative Arts Community for an exciting return to campus. During the day, you’ll get the chance to visit with your friends, tour the campus with student leaders and share a special lunch with friends and family.
Our Creative Arts faculty will also be hosting scholarship auditions and portfolio reviews for all GSA Alumni who are considering pursuing performance and creative arts in college. Each audition will be a one-on-one opportunity to meet and work with a faculty mentor and to receive scholarships in Visual Arts, Graphic Design, Literature, Instrumental Music, Vocal Music, Theatre, Musical Theatre, Technical Theatre, Creative Writing and Dance. To register for the event, please complete the form below.
09:00am – Check-in (Virginia Thomas Law Center for the Performing Arts)
10:00am – Wesleyan 101
10:45am – Student Panel
11:30am – Academic Fair (Benedum Campus Center Social Hall)
12:00pm – GSA Campus Tour (Outside Social Hall)
01:00pm – Welcome, lunch, and entertainment
02:15–Breakout for Scholarship Auditions
*The Bobcat Den will be open from 11:00am – 2:00pm
Audition and Portfolio Requirements
- Instrumental Music: Two etudes demonstrating both technique and musicianship
- Keyboard: Two pieces in contrasting styles
- Vocal Music: Two contrasting pieces, one of which should be in a language other than English
- Theatre Arts: Two contrasting monologues which must be memorized and no more than one minute each in length
- Musical Theatre: 24-36 measures of a song and one contrasting monologue which should be memorized and 1-2 minutes in length
- Technical Theatre: Example of artwork, resume of experience, and a portfolio of technical work
- Dance: A 2-3 minute dance piece of your choice
- Creative Writing: 2–4 pages, non-fiction or fiction essay; poetry may be submitted in a portfolio style
- Visual Art & Graphic Design: A completed application along with a physical or digital version of your portfolio
- Literature: 3-4 page analysis of a literary work