Alumni and Community Partners Overview
WHAT ARE THE PERKS?
- Enhance your local economic development and investment
- Develop a stronger connection to West Virginia Wesleyan College as an alumnus or partner
- Discover outstanding future employees
- Foster and cultivate new perspectives to develop future professionals, but also benefit from the growth of your own organization
- Sustain a strong reputation among current students/future alumni, consumers, and future employees
HOW CAN I HELP?
- Be a Partner. Whether an alumnus or organization is 5 or 500 miles away, sign up to serve as a site for an internship, job shadow, and/or informational interview.
Step 1- Fill out the Interest Form (found below)
Step 2- Correspond with Jill Okes at okes_j
@wvwc.edu (She’ll be in touch soon!)
Step 3- Interview and Select an Intern Interview Feedback Form
Step 4- Work with your Intern
Step 5- Evaluate Your Intern and assess the process.
- Share Your Path. Present on campus about your professional journey, what your current employer or volunteer site’s organizational mission and culture is, careers within that field, and the work environment and varying responsibilities present. (This is an option to select on the Interest Form.)
- Share Your Knowledge. Present to students on specific skills necessary to have after college, i.e. time management, financial planning, stress management, building a budget, graduate/law/medical school 101. We welcome all ideas!
Have concerns you won’t be able to make it to campus? We can arrange Skype or GoToMeeting presentations with on-campus facilitators.