Wesleyan Service Scholars
The Wesleyan Service Scholars (WSS) program is designed for Wesleyan students who are passionate about leadership and service. Students serve approximately five to six hours per week in a non-profit or civic organization in the community or through an on-campus volunteer commitment (approved by a Center for Community Engagement & Leadership Development [CCE] staff person) to receive an annual and renewable scholarship.
Wesleyan Service Scholars Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will explain the components of The Student Leadership Challenge and demonstrate application in their site placement.
- Students will articulate their knowledge of community needs and social issues gained through their participation in the program.
- Students will demonstrate responsibility by submitting validated time records of service on a regular basis.
- Students will interact responsibly and professionally with a diverse population of community members in a wide variety of settings.
Wesleyan Service Scholars receive…
- A $2000 annual, renewable scholarship ($1000 per semester; $8000 over four years)
- Tangible leadership and service experiences for internship interviews and post-graduation professional opportunities
- Opportunities to learn about the local community
- Knowledge of current social issues
Wesleyan Service Scholars are expected to…
- Complete community service and attend required meetings each semester, totaling 75 hours each semester
- Submit timesheets of their activities electronically every week
- Enroll in a one-credit Community Leadership course in the freshman fall semester
- Attend all-member meetings and check-in meetings as requested by CCE Staff
- Maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Remain in good standing with program requirements
If you are a strong leader and passionate about service, we encourage you to complete the Wesleyan Service Scholar application.Apply Today
Applications are due by November 1, 2021. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!