Who Are We
The Outdoor Recreation program provides WVWC students with opportunities to immerse themselves in the “Wild & Wonderful” outdoor environment that makes West Virginia so beautiful. Whether you are planning your own outdoor excursion, need advice on what West Virginia outdoor destinations to visit, or want to tag along for a free/low cost trip, WVWC Outdoor Recreation is the answer!
What We Do
We offer several unique trips around West Virginia each semester. Adventures range from high-intensity and thrilling to laid back and serene. Our are trips for the spring 2021 semester as follows:
- 2/19 – 2/21: Winter Survival Weekend at the Spruce Knob Mountain Center
- 3/6: Caving at Lost World Caverns
- 3/20 – 3/21: Hiking at Blackwater Falls State Park
- 4/2 – 4/4: Fly Fishing Weekend at the Spruce Knob Mountain Center
- 4/24 – 4/25: Rock Climbing at Seneca Rocks
All trips are low-cost or free, and include travel, food, and necessary equipment. Each has maximum capacity numbers, so signing up early is encouraged. Be advised that there may be cancellation fees if proper notification is not given. Please read the Outdoor Rec Cancellation Policy. All participants must complete a Health and Liability Waiver prior to attending a trip.
Sign-ups open three weeks prior to each trip, and will occur through the Bobcat Connect app. To learn more details or sign up for a trip:
1) Download the Bobcat Connect app
2) Visit the Outdoor Recreation page
3) Find the event you want to attend
4) Read the trip details
5) Click the sign-up link and complete the information form
Students can take advantage of free rental equipment, games, and supplies to plan their own outdoor adventure. Email us to receive more information on rentals or take a look at our Current Rental List to see what equipment we have available in real-time! Also, please remember to read our Rental Agreement Policy prior to stopping by. We offer a variety of equipment in the following categories:
- Water Activities
- Outdoor Games
Questions? Please get in touch with our Outdoor Recreation Graduate Assistant, Collin Wallace.
- Office: WVWC Wellness Center, Office 106
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 304-473-8139
Keep up with the action on social media!