Students experiencing a life-threatening emergency should always call 911.
What constitutes a mental health emergency?
- If you are concerned about your personal safety or the safety of others.
- If you are concerned about harming yourself or someone else.
- If you believe that you are losing touch with reality.
Resources available for mental health emergencies:
- Call 911
- Go to the Emergency Room – 1 Amalia Drive, Buckhannon, WV 26201
- Call the Buckhannon Police Department – 304-472-5723
- Call 24-hour National Suicide Prevention Lifeline Services
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)
- Military Veterans Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273 TALK (Press 1)
- Trevor Project Hotline (LGBTQ): 1-866-4UTREVOR (1-866-488-7386)
- Text free 24/7 Crisis Hotline
- Text HOME to 741741