West Virginia Wesleyan College invites interested and qualified candidates to apply for the open faculty position of Assistant/Associate Professor of Exercise Science and Athletic Training for the 2023-24 academic year. Appointment to tenure track will be considered if the qualifications of the successful applicant and the needs of the institution align.
Duties specific to this position will be to serve as the Clinical Education Coordinator in a CAATE accredited athletic training program and teach undergraduate and graduate courses within the School of Exercise Science and Athletic Training. All faculty at WVWC additionally must be committed to fulfilling professional and community service activities. Specific qualifications of this faculty position include:
- An earned doctoral degree preferred; ABD required
- Contemporary expertise in the field of athletic training
- Certification and good standing with the Board of Certification
- Current WV Athletic Training license and good standing with the WVBOPT or eligible to obtain a WV AT license upon employment
- Previous clinical practice as an athletic trainer
- Previous full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities at the postsecondary level including preceptor experience
- Understanding and familiarity with all current CAATE educational standards and processes. Previous experience as a clinical coordinator preferred.
Founded in 1890, West Virginia Wesleyan is a private residential liberal arts college located in the foothills of the Appalachians in Buckhannon, WV, named one of the “100 Best Small Towns in America.” The College is related to the United Methodist Church, with a curriculum committed to intellectual rigor, self-discovery, human dignity, mutual support, social justice, self-discipline, mental and physical wellness, the appreciation of diversity and the natural world, and the judicious use of resources. The College has over 40 undergraduate academic majors, six graduate programs, 22 NCAA Division II sports, comprehensive student life, community engagement, and outdoor recreational programs.
Review of applications will begin January 16th and will continue until the position is filled. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. To apply, submit a single PDF containing a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, teaching philosophy, unofficial copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts, and the contact information for a minimum of three references.
Application materials should be sent to Dr. Lynn M. Linder, Dean of the Faculty and Chief Academic Officer at email@example.com. Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY
West Virginia Wesleyan College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the College to create a favorable work environment in which all employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religious affiliation, can enjoy equal opportunities in their employment relationship with the College.