The Assistant Director of Campus Life is a 12 month live-in position and reports directly to the Director of Campus Life and Director of Student Retention. A Master’s degree is preferred, but a Bachelor’s degree is required, with a minimum of three years of event planning, marketing and supervisory experience. This position is primarily responsible for the development and implementation of programs and services that strengthen and enlighten the co-curricular experience for Wesleyan Students. This position also manages and markets camps and conferences and helps to enhance the experience of the guests on the WVWC campus. In addition to these critical roles on campus, this position will assist with academic advising in the Student Success Center.
This position tasks include:
- Serves as a member of the central Campus Life staff and Student Success Center
- Resides on campus
- Advises the campus programming board in planning, promoting and implementing campus wide programming, with a concentration on evening and weekend programming, including special events such as Family Weekend, Homecoming, Spring Sing, Senior Events, Arts Alive Series, etc.
- Contract negotiation and follow through with agencies and artists
- Assists and guides the programming board students in creatively promoting and advertising events
- Providing academic advising for first-year students
- Assisting with the coordination of a broad-based, resource-focused student success program for first-year students
- Develops monthly events for Commuter Students and assist with advising the Commuter student population, including monitoring their lounge
- Produces monthly calendar of events for students
- Maintains designated PR, social media and bulletin boards on campus
- Assists in the selection and supervision of a conference staff of student workers in the summer months
- Serves as the initial conference guest contact. Works with guests and conferences to help organize and facilitate their needs
- Assists in managing the Student Programming and Conferences budgets
- Works closely with the physical plant, food service and audio visual departments
- Performs administrative duties such as check requests, purchase orders, and invoicing.
- Shares an on-call duty rotation for residence life
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Residence life experience
- Supervisory skills
- Public speaking skills
- Assessment knowledge
- Great organizational skills
- Programming skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Residence Life experience
- Event planning experience
- Position subject to background check
- Master’s degree in higher education or related field
To APPLY: Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and names and contact information of three references to email@example.com. On the subject of the email, please enter: ##13## – Assistant Director of Campus Life. Preference will be given to applications received by February 1, 2021.