West Virginia Wesleyan College is now accepting applications for the position of Athletics Graduate Assistant. A member of NCAA Division II and the Mountain East Conference, West Virginia Wesleyan has a storied athletics history in the orange and black, and now sponsors twenty-two intercollegiate sports. Located in Buckhannon, West Virginia, West Virginia Wesleyan features a beautiful 100-acre campus of red-brick Georgian architecture. West Virginia Wesleyan was also named one of the best colleges in the South by U.S. News & World Report.
The Athletics Graduate Assistant position is a 10-month graduate assistant position that reports to the Director of Athletics. The Athletics GA will assist the Sports Information Department in the management of rosters, schedules, statistics, and storylines for all twenty-two West Virginia Wesleyan Athletics programs, and will assist in the creation of media content. The individual in this position will work twenty hours per week, and must remain as a full-time student in good academic standing. Successful candidates must be accepted into one of West Virginia Wesleyan College’s graduate programs.
The Athletics GA will be an integral member of the Athletics Department regarding the planning, and implementation, of West Virginia Wesleyan Athletics content to engage supporters and promote teams and athletes. Additionally, this position will assist the Compliance Department, and perform relevant duties regarding game operations and general Athletics office support.
- Assist in the management of rosters, schedules, and statistics for all 22 Athletics programs through the NCAA and wesleyanbobcats.com
- Write previews, recaps, and personal interest stories for wesleyanbobcats.com
- Assist in the creation and management of all West Virginia Wesleyan Athletics media, including photography, graphics, and video
- Assist in the production of live broadcasts for all home competitions
- Use social media platforms to enhance the reach of content, and engagement with content
- Report to the Director of Athletics, assist in the planning and execution of Athletics events
- Assist Compliance and Athletics Office upon request
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Sports Management, Communications, Business Administration)
- Experience within collegiate athletics as a student-athlete, or member of an Athletics Department office as an intern
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Diligent and organized working habits
Review of applicants will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled. Candidates must submit the following electronically – letter of application, resume, portfolio (as applicable), and three references with contact information to email@example.com. Please place “Last Name-Athletics GA” on subject line of email.