West Virginia Wesleyan College is accepting applications for a full-time Campus Safety and Security Officer. The position is primarily responsible for security patrols to maintain security of buildings and provide a safe and secure environment for the campus community.
Campus Safety and Security Officer Job Duties:
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, and campus perimeter.
- Ability to communicate on the phone and by radio to college personnel and Emergency Services Personnel.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; escorting trespassers off the property.
- Controls parking by enforcing parking policies.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Maintains environment by monitoring buildings and property.
- Maintains organization’s stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Campus Safety and Security Officer Skills and Qualifications:
A high school diploma is required with preferably three years of experience and/or training as a police officer, security, or private investigator. The successful candidate must be willing to work all shifts, including weekends, holidays, night and day shift. A background investigation will be conducted on the successful candidate.
Lifting, Surveillance Skills, Deals with Uncertainty, Judgment, Objectivity, Dependability, Emotional Control, Integrity, Walking for Extended Periods, Safety Management, Professionalism, Reporting Skills, Basic Computer and Typing Skills
Anyone interested in the position should electronically send a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information of three references or a completed application, available in the Campus Safety and Security Office. Electronic submissions should be submitted to email@example.com with the subject of the email including ##6## – Campus Safety and Security Officer.