Chief Financial Officer
West Virginia Wesleyan College is seeking to hire a Chief Financial Officer. The CFO serves as a member of the President’s Cabinet and reports directly to the President. In collaboration with the President and the Budget Committee, the CFO provides financial planning leadership and direction for College-wide financial operations.
- Gathers, interprets and prepares financial data for studies, reports and recommendations
- Provides a continuous update of the 20-year financial forecast
- Oversees the development and maintenance of systems and records that provide for the proper evaluation, control, and documentation of financial operations including internal controls, accounting standards, financial reporting, audit, and policy enforcement.
- Monitors annual budgets to ensure spending by all departments and entities are within their allocation of resources
- Co-chairs budget committee in the preparation of the annual budget
- Works with President to manage long and short-term debt
- Manages banking relationships, including opening up new payment methods (i.e. apple pay, venmo, etc.)
- Oversight of non-student residence property management
- Directs the risk management programs for the College
- Coordinates with insurance carriers for coverage and administrative services
- Digitize all fiscal operations including payroll as necessary
- Sits as an ex-officio member of the College’s investment committee
- Reviews, negotiates, and approves contracts, as appropriate.
- In collaboration with Director of Human Resources and faculty and staff on the benefit committee, reviews benefit programs provided by the College
- Serves as the Plan Administrator/Sponsor for the College’s Retirement Plan
- In collaboration with the President and other appropriate personnel, reviews the effectiveness and financial benefit of outsourced entities
- Directs the resolution of inquiries, problems, or complaints in related areas as appropriate
- Provides College representation on various committees and where financial expertise is needed
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of principles and practices of financial management including general accounting principles and the development of an operating budget.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state, and local policies, procedures, and regulations applicable to areas of assignment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with president and budget committee to develop and implement short and long-range plans to meet financial needs of the College.
- Ability to prepare and direct the preparation of reports and correspondence.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate financial operations and collaborative develop and implement corrective action to resolve problems.
- Familiarity with USDA lending programs preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Willingness to be a collaborative, team player in all aspects of College decision making.
Five years of senior level financial leadership experience is required. Master’s degree in a business-related field or equivalent work experience is required. Higher education experience is preferred. CPA is preferred.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and résumé with three professional references electronically to Vickie Crowder, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled
Equal Opportunity Policy
West Virginia Wesleyan College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the College to create a favorable work environment in which all employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religious affiliation, can enjoy equal opportunities in their employment relationship with the College.