The Director of Annual Giving reports to the Senior Director of Development at West Virginia Wesleyan College (WVWC). The director is a member of the advancement team responsible for identifying prospects, building relationships and cultivating gifts. The director will be responsible for cultivating relationships with alumni and friends of the College, and a portfolio of assigned prospects. The director, in conjunction with other members of the Office of Advancement and Alumni Relations, is responsible for implementation of the College’s comprehensive development plan and achieving personal and unit fundraising goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement a comprehensive annual fund campaign with targeted solicitations and activities to strengthen the college’s fundraising program.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of the College’s giving days, including WVWC Giving Day, Giving Tuesday, and affinity specific days.
- Manage a portfolio of assigned donors and prospects through qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Assist in the creation of external content and collateral for the Office of Advancement and Alumni Relations such as giving day appeals and social media posts.
- Collaborate with the members of the Advancement and Alumni Relations team to develop strategies to link donor interest with College priorities.
- Facilitate and coordinate communication with prospects and the prospect’s campus relationships.
- Coordinate with members of the Office of Advancement and Alumni Relations to develop and execute personalized stewardship plans for select donors and prospects as well as general stewardship and donor acknowledgement.
- Completion of additional assignments as may be required by the Vice President or other members of the College’s leadership as appropriate.
- Maintain a comprehensive working knowledge of the College, including mission, history, and current fundraising priorities assuring effective representation of all opportunities and priorities for philanthropic support of the College.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
Bachelor’s degree; 2-3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Ability to accurately enter data into a database and recall information through reports is necessary.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies and diverse communities.
- Bachelor degree; with 1-2 years of experience in fund development
- Experience with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, GiveGab or similar software
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and names and contact information of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. On the subject of the email, please enter: ##16## – Director of Annual Giving. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY
West Virginia Wesleyan College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the College to create a favorable work environment in which all employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religious affiliation, can enjoy equal opportunities in their employment relationship with the College.