West Virginia Wesleyan College is accepting applications for a full-time Director of Facilities. The position is primarily responsible for overseeing the entire operation of the Physical Plant department including, but not limited to, personnel, property, facilities, equipment and utilities.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides administrative services, supervision and program coordination for physical plant department, maintaining liaison with all other departments for the maintenance of all real property, buildings, grounds, equipment, and utility services, including energy management/conservation.
- Prepares, monitors, and controls departmental budget.
- Works with the VP for Finance and Operations/CFO to prepare forecasts of proposed capital expenditures.
- Leads/assists in the development of facilities and equipment plans, as well as, preventative and deferred maintenance schedules and plans.
- Maintains records of planned and current construction contracts.
- Purchases materials, supplies, and equipment for servicing the physical plant.
- Receives work requests, establishes priorities and order of completion for projects and daily work activities.
- Ensures safety and maintenance of plant vehicles and equipment. May be responsible for maintenance and scheduling use of fleet vehicles.
- Maintains up-to-date file on labor agreement, including interpretations and other correspondence.
- Prepares various reports as needed, including reports on personnel.
- Maintains existing records of equipment, systems, blueprints and alterations to buildings.
- Develops and maintains electronic and hard copy files and records related to plant properties, infrastructure, and facilities.
- Monitors all chemical use, storage, and discharges. Ensures safety and proper handling and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Responsible for safety and security of physical plant facilities, including fire alarm system and elevators, and compliance with all existing federal, state and local regulations.
- Working with the Vice President for Finance and Operations/CFO, Architects, Engineers, etc. coordinates design, engineering, and construction activities for new structures, as well as renovations.
- Coordinates operation and maintenance of HVAC, electrical, and other systems.
- Coordinates and supervises training and professional development of plant employees.
- Responsible for inventory control.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; acknowledging and disciplining employees; and confronting issues as they arise, and fostering conflict resolution.
- Complete understanding of the Labor Agreement between the College and Laborers’ International Union of North America, Local 814. Coordinator/liaison with the union contract Administrator.
- May serve on the College’s management team for labor agreement negotiation.
- Additional duties that may be required or assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience and/or training in a similar setting or an equivalent acceptable combination of education and experience are required. The successful candidate must have excellent written and oral communication, organizational, human relations, and management skills.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and the names and contact information of three references, by February 28, 2023, to email@example.com. On the subject of the email, please enter: ##12## – Director of Facilities.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY
West Virginia Wesleyan College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the College to create a favorable work environment in which all employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religious affiliation, can enjoy equal opportunities in their employment relationship with the College.