Reporting to the Vice President for Advancement, the Director of Foundation, Corporate, and Government Relations also works closely and collaboratively with the Vice President for Academic Affairs. The Director of Foundation, Corporate, and Government Relations is a vital member of the Office of Advancement and is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of foundations, corporations, and government agencies in support of the mission and priorities of West Virginia Wesleyan College.
Duties and Responsibilities
The overall chief duty is to prepare, and assist WVWC administration, faculty and staff in preparing, grant proposals for funding opportunities with a variety of foundations, corporations, and government entities. Specific responsibilities include:
- Research foundation, corporate, and government funding prospects; write and submit proposals in response to current and future institutionally-defined priorities and needs.
- Implement proactive plan to work collaboratively with administration, faculty and staff in identifying, facilitating and/or generating proposals in support of academic and administrative programs and initiatives.
- Maintain active participation in campus activities that increase personal knowledge of subjects/projects/programs appropriate for foundation, corporate or government support.
- Provide appropriate stewardship and follow-up reports for successful grant awards.
- Coordinate cultivation and solicitation contacts with foundation/corporate/government prospects for the president, vice presidents, trustees, and others.
- Implement and execute a process to track submitted proposals and successful awards in Raiser’s Edge.
- Prepare grants activity reports for administration, trustees and others as requested.
- Proactively develop foundation, corporate, and government prospects as an active participant in the Office of Advancement’s moves management committee.
- Provide oversight as needed for administration and management of grant awards.
- Maintain a comprehensive working knowledge of the College, including mission, vision, history, and current fundraising and friend-raising priorities ensuring effective representation of all opportunities and priorities for philanthropic support of the College.
- Other duties as assigned and requested by the Vice President for Advancement.
This is a full-time, 12 month position with minimum job requirements and skills to include, but not be limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities outlined above;
- proactive with ability to meet firm deadlines;
- articulate with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- thorough knowledge and use of personal computers and related software applications, including ability to accurately enter data into a database and submit proposals through online platforms;
- ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies and diverse communities; and,
- ability to travel and work flexible hours.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and the names and contact information of three references to email@example.com. On the subject of the email, please enter: ##16## – Director of Foundation, Corporate, and Government Relations. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.