Director of Library Services
West Virginia Wesleyan College is accepting applications for a full-time, 12-month, Director of Library Services. The Director reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and is responsible for planning, organizing, budgeting, staffing, directing, evaluating, and overall management of library services in support of the instructional, scholarly, and service missions of the College.
Directly supervises professional and clerical staff and student employees assigned to the Library. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the College’s policies and procedures. Responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; overseeing budgets, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish policies and procedures for orderly provision of library services.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate library services and activities, including hiring, training, supervising, and scheduling library staff.
- Provide professional library services, with emphasis on collection development, managing library collections, overseeing cataloging, circulation, and automation and access to the library system.
- Maintain open communication with campus constituencies concerning their information needs and library resources and services,
- Represent the library to the campus community, local communities, and state and regional organizations.
- Maintain effective working agreements with other libraries and information sources.
- Prepare and oversee the Library’s annual budget.
- Conduct regular staff development and evaluation.
- Serve as an ex officio member of appropriate faculty and campus committees.
- Maintain a current understanding of trends and issues in the profession and provide appropriate campus leadership,
- Develop information resources in conjunction with faculty and staff.
- Assist students, staff, faculty, and library users as needed.
- Additional duties may be required or assigned.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and names and contact information of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. On the subject of the email, please enter: ##8## – Director of Library Services. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY
West Virginia Wesleyan College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the College to create a favorable work environment in which all employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religious affiliation, can enjoy equal opportunities in their employment relationship with the College.