The Graduate Assistant for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) is part-time position within the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. This position primarily responsible for assisting with the development and successful implementation of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion programming and initiatives on campus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the with the development, coordination, and implementation of educational, cultural, and inclusion programs across the College;
- Develop creative engagement with social media, website & other sources of communication;
- Assist Black Student Union and International Student Organization programming and initiatives;
- Assist with the development and implementation of programming and activities for student organizations, specifically Black Student Union (BSU), International Student Organization (ISO) and PRISM in collaboration with the Chief DEI Officer;
- Serve as a DEI resource to other departments/offices, student organizations, etc. on campus and within the local community;
- Attend meetings and participate in workshops held by Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion;
- Assist in researching diversity, equity and inclusion topics and prepare reports of findings, as needed;
- Maintain cooperative relationships with the members of DEI office and other administrative and academic departments;
- Other duties as assigned by the Director, to include assisting with general office tasks.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Willingness to learn and contribute to institutional DEI goals and outcomes.
- Strong organizational/project management skills and detail-oriented.
- Collegial and collaborative approach to engaging with others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong culturally competent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and names and contact information of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. On the subject of the email, please enter: ##16## – Graduate Assistant. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.