The Graduate Assistant for Outdoor Recreation/Residence Life is a 10 month graduate student position that reports to the Director of Campus Life.
The GA has the following responsibilities with Residence Life:
- Supervises 2-3 undergraduate Resident Directors and 20 Resident Assistants
- Assists with residence life training
- Participates in ‘on call’ duty rotation
- Provides regular evaluations with student staff
- Participates in weekly staff meetings
- Maintains all social media and print media for outdoor recreation
- Assists with residence life training and inservices
The GA has the following responsibilities with Outdoor Recreation:
- Work weekend hours once or twice a month
- Possess excellent decision-making and time management skills
- Possess strong confrontation skills
- Demonstrate leadership experience within a student organization
- Demonstrate facilitation or event planning experience
- Plans and develops a yearly outdoor recreation schedule
- Supervises and leads trips
- Creatively markets all trips to students
- Works with vendors across the state to book trips
- Possesses First aid certification
- Works collaboratively with other campus offices for marketing of events
- Drives college fleet vehicles as needed
- Maintains regular office hours with Wellness Center/Outdoor Recreation
This position is an August 1 – May 30 position. The GA will work 20 hours a week and must remain a full-time student and be in good academic standing.
Minimum Requirements: Interested candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferably in sports management, higher education, exercise science or a related field. Candidates must be accepted into one of WVWC’s graduate programs. A minimum of one year of undergraduate experience in a campus recreation knowledge. The candidate must also possess strong leadership and supervisory skills to work directly with undergraduate resident assistants. The ability to work independently as well as be a member of a professional team is needed.
To APPLY: Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and the names and contact information of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. On the subject of the email, please enter: ##13## – GA – Wellness Center. Preference will be given to applications received before March 2, 2023.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY
West Virginia Wesleyan College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the College to create a favorable work environment in which all employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religious affiliation, can enjoy equal opportunities in their employment relationship with the College.