The Graduate Assistant for the Wellness Center and Residence Life is a 10 month live-in graduate student position that reports to the Director of Campus Life.
The GA has the following responsibilities in the Wellness Center:
- Assist with student workers recruitment, hiring, training, and evaluating
- Assist with equipment maintenance
- Assist full-time Wellness GA with programming including group exercise classes, wellness seminars as needed
- Contribute to the management of all special events associated with the Wellness Center
- Work front desk operations as needed
- Cover morning shifts or evening shifts around their class schedule, along with being on call one weekend per month as deemed by Wellness Coordinator.
The GA has the following responsibilities with Residence Life:
- Supervises 2-3 undergraduate Resident Directors and 20 Resident Assistants
- Assists with residence life training
- Participates in ‘on call’ duty rotation
- Provides regular evaluations with student staff
- Participates in weekly staff meetings
- Serves as a member of the Campus Life Office central staff
This position is an August 1 – May 30 position. The GA will work 20 hours a week and must remain a full-time student and be in good academic standing.
Resume, cover letter and the names of three references can be sent to Alisa Lively, Director of Campus Life at firstname.lastname@example.org. Preference will be given to resumes received by June 15, 2019.
Minimum Requirements: Interested candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferably in sports management, higher education, exercise science or a related field. Candidates must have residence life experience. Candidates must be accepted into one of WVWC’s graduate programs. A minimum of one year of undergraduate experience in a campus recreation or fitness program and basic knowledge of gym equipment is preferred. The candidate must also possess strong leadership and supervisory skills to work directly with undergraduate work studies. The ability to work independently as well as be a member of a professional team is needed.