The Head Dance Coach is responsible for building and sustaining a campus-sponsored, competitive and revenue-generating competitive Dance Team. This includes ownership of team management, administration, and sustainability. The primary role of the Dance Coach is recruitment, retention, and engagement of team members through practice, team-building, and competition.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct all aspects of the dance program including practice, training, preparation for competition, equipment management, scholarship management and budget oversight.
- Be accountable for enrollment goals set by the College, collaborating with the Vice President of Enrollment Management and Director of Athletics to meet specified recruitment, retention and revenue goals for Dance.
- Scout and recruit students who will succeed at the College and align with the vision of the College and program. Meet yearly recruitment, revenue, and retention targets.
- Ensure academic performance and personal development of students; provide positive intervention for additional students engaged with the program.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism toward students, other coaches, parents, administrators, and members of the community
- Respond to developing changes and best practices in the Dance community.
- Understand all collegiate team rules and regulations, and assure compliance and consistency among staff and students.
- Develop and operate high school Dance camps, tournaments, and outreach opportunities
- Work with other local and regional Colleges and Universities to build affinity for Dance and a regional culture of competitive dance.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years of competitive dance coaching preferred with priority on those with Collegiate recruitment experience and in meeting recruit and roster goals.
- Candidates should have the ability to create and teach original choreography without need for outsourcing
- Intercultural competency; ability to work with individual from diverse backgrounds
- Skills and experience coaching and team motivation
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a goal‐oriented strategic thinker
- Passion and motivation to recruit student-athletes
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Outcomes-oriented approach to coaching
- Professional integrity and a positive approach to conflict management/resolution
- Ability to work weekdays, weekends, and evenings
- Valid driver’s license and availability for travel
- Salary is commensurate with experience
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and names and contact information of three references to email@example.com. On the subject of the email, please enter: ##4## – Dance Coach. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.