West Virginia Wesleyan College seeks to hire an Instructor or Assistant Professor of Education, with the appointment beginning in the Fall 2020 semester. Though this is a one-year appointment, tenure track is possible if the candidate’s qualifications warrant such an appointment. The ideal candidate will have an Ed.D. or Ph.D in education, current teacher certification, and three years of exemplary public school teaching experience. Special consideration will be given to candidates with advanced degrees in English, Mathematics, Music or Social Studies and previous CAEP accreditation experience. Wesleyan is a teaching institution that requires faculty members to provide clear evidence of continuing professional/scholarly growth. The teaching load is 24 semester credit hours per year. Advising responsibilities are an integral part of the position, as well as mentoring student groups and supervising students in professional development schools.
Additional knowledge, skills, and abilities include:
- Expertise in curriculum development and assessment
- Knowledge of CAEP standards
- Ability to integrate technology and to adapt instruction
- Commitment to alternative methods of course delivery
- Evidence of teaching excellence in public school and higher education required
- Ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution
Applicants should submit a letter outlining how they meet the criteria, the names and contact information for three references, current CV and unofficial transcripts to email@example.com. Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.