West Virginia Wesleyan College is accepting applications for a full-time Maintenance Supervisor. The position is primarily responsible for supervising and directing the operations of the maintenance, grounds, and other areas of the Physical Plant.
Duties and Responsibilities
Prepares work schedules, assign duties, ensures work is completed in a timely manner.
2. Provides administrative services and program coordination for physical plant department, maintaining liaison with all other departments for the maintenance of all real property, equipment, and utility services.
3. Assists in preparation, monitoring, and control of departmental budget.
4. Maintains payroll time cards, verifying their accuracy and employee absences.
5. Maintains records of planned and current construction contracts.
6. Assists in purchasing materials, supplies, and equipment for servicing the physical plant, along with inventory control.
7. Receives work requests, establish priorities and order of completion for projects.
8. Assists in maintenance and scheduling use of fleet vehicles.
9. Prepares various reports as needed including reports on personnel.
10. Monitors all chemical use, storage, and discharges.
11. Responsible for safety and security of physical plant facilities and environmental compliance with existing federal and state regulations. In coordination with the Custodial Supervisor, conduct safety training for all Physical Plant employees.
12. Assists Director in design, engineering, and construction of new structures and renovations.
13. On-call on a regular basis for after work hour emergencies.
14. Conducts ongoing inspections of all areas of campus to ensure quality and timeliness of assignments.
15. Assists in coordination of operations and maintenance of systems.
16. Assists Custodial Supervisor as necessary.
17. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; acknowledging and disciplining employees; and confronting issues as they arise, and fostering conflict resolution.
18. Complete understanding of the Labor Agreement between the College and Laborers’ International Union of North America, Local 814.
19. Conducts annual employee evaluations.
20. Additional duties that may be required or assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university and three to five years supervisory experience and/or training. Significant experience in craft trades highly desirable. Master Electrician, HVAC, and other licensing preferred. The successful candidate must have excellent written and oral communication, organizational, human relations and management skills.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and the names and contact information of three references, by April 7, 2023, to firstname.lastname@example.org. On the subject of the email, please enter: ##12## – Maintenance Supervisor.