The Manager, Marketing and Communications, serves as the Deputy Spokesperson for West Virginia Wesleyan College. S/he will help create, develop and implement marketing and communications strategies and tactics across platforms to a host of audiences for the College. This position reports to the Chief Development and Marketing Officer and is a 12-month, full-time employee of West Virginia Wesleyan College.
Position responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Serve as Deputy Spokesperson for West Virginia Wesleyan College
- Ensure that all marketing and communications strategies and tactics support West Virginia Wesleyan College’s Strategic Vision
- Grow West Virginia Wesleyan’s brand trust and brand love through effective and efficient marketing and communications strategies and tactics
- Provide insights to and implement West Virginia Wesleyan College’s marketing and communications plan
- Create, develop and distribute marketing and communications content across platforms (tradition and nontraditional) to a host of audiences (internal and external)
- Create and manage a high-quality content library for the College in a cross-functional manner
- Manage Marketing and Communications contacts, including stakeholders and media
- Oversee West Virginia Wesleyan’s digital platforms and communications, ranging from wvwc.edu to social media to digital newsletters and other communications – Manage Sports Information personnel
- Maintain weekly accounting and reporting of marketing and communications activations and day-to-day work
- Support Development Office communications
- Other duties as assigned
- Represent the values of West Virginia Wesleyan College in all interactions with internal and external audiences
- 2+ years of experience in communications and/or marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or a related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Adobe, WordPress
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills a must
- Strong work ethic, team player preferred; sense of humor a plus
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and names and contact information of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. On the subject of the email, please enter: ##12## – Manager, Marketing and Communications. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.