West Virginia Wesleyan College is now accepting applications for the position of Marketing Graduate Assistant. Founded in 1890, West Virginia Wesleyan College features a beautiful 100-acre campus of red-brick Georgian architecture, nestled among the hills of Buckhannon, West Virginia. West Virginia Wesleyan College was also named one of the best colleges in the South Region by U.S. News & World Report.
The Marketing Graduate Assistant is a 10-month position that reports to the Marketing Manager. The individual in this position will work twenty hours per week, and must remain as a full-time student in good academic standing. Successful candidates must be accepted into one of West Virginia Wesleyan College’s graduate programs.
The Marketing Graduate Assistant will contribute to the growth of the West Virginia Wesleyan College brand. The individual will assist with idea generation, and project execution, to enhance the external affairs of the college. West Virginia Wesleyan College offers a unique college experience full of individual opportunity, and personal attention, that must be strategically communicated to the market. The Marketing Graduate Assistant will create content, plan content, build support for events, and act as an on-the-ground asset for the Marketing Department.
- Execute the external promotion of West Virginia Wesleyan College through creative media efforts
- Brainstorm and initiate tactics to reach prospective students, and engage current student population
- Complete assigned projects relating to marketing strategy and content creation
- Create relationships with external media sources, internal departments, and West Virginia Wesleyan students to successfully publicize and endorse the college
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of marketing tactics within a collegiate environment
- Knowledge of Generation Z and it’s unique characteristics
- Excellent writing skills
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud
- Interest in fields of photography, graphic design, and videography
- Portfolio of creative marketing work
Review of applicants will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled. Candidates must submit the following electronically – letter of application, resume, a portfolio of work (if applicable), and three references with contact information to email@example.com. Please place “Last Name-Marketing GA – ##8##” on subject line of email.