West Virginia Wesleyan College is seeking a full-time, 12-month, Office Manager (Physical Plant). The Office Manager will oversee the office operations at the Physical Plant office, under the direction of the Physical Plant Director, in accordance with WVWC policy and the LIUNA Local 814 Labor Agreement.
Supervise and direct work of work study students.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the pricing, purchasing, and expediting of supplies and equipment, as well as receiving
- Dispatch and receive calls by radio, telephone and emails for work orders.
- Receive and direct delivery of supplies and equipment by truck, mail, and UPS.
- Document and track repairs and expenses for Physical Plant and College Fleet vehicles. Order and document usage of Gasoline/Diesel Fuel for Physical Plant vehicles, grounds equipment and campus generators.
- Assign and disperse keys and tools used by Physical Plant personnel and contractors, as directed by the Physical Plant Director, Maintenance, Custodial Supervisors and for job related access to campus buildings and grounds.
- Create and complete work orders, coordinating with the Maintenance and Custodial Supervisors. Dispatch work orders for personnel as required for job duties.
- Track tool allotment money, license fees / renewals and work related classes and training as per the LIUNA 814 Agreement and Director. Prepare time cards and time sheets for employees.
- Communicate by radio or telephone for permission to enter student rooms / housing areas or to leave campus for parts or tools. Track by date/time and names.
- Organize and purchase uniforms shirts for LIUNA 814 Employees. Request and disperse monies associated with uniform purchases. Order and disperse safety equipment as requested by supervision.
- Document and track Leave Requests(Vacation/Sick etc),as well and any incentive awards for Local 814 employees as listed in the Local 814 Labor Agreement by and between WVWC.
- Inventory and pricing of supplies by building and / or projects. Creating / preparing reports for Physical Plant Director as necessary.
- Secretarial duties such as typing correspondence and filing Answering telephone calls for Physical Plant and serving as receptionist for office.
- Additional duties that may be required or assigned.
- Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Suite software and other forms of technology
- Demonstrated success in working in a professional office environment
- Ability to work independently and creatively to complete daily tasks
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and names and contact information of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. On the subject of the email, please enter: ##7## – Office Manager. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY
West Virginia Wesleyan College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the College to create a favorable work environment in which all employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religious affiliation, can enjoy equal opportunities in their employment relationship with the College.