Location: Eastern Panhandle, WV or Western Maryland/Northern Virginia/DC
West Virginia Wesleyan College is seeking a Regional Recruiter to join a dynamic and energetic Office of Admissions staff. The ideal candidate will be motivated, dedicated, hard-working, and will possess a strong desire to succeed. The Regional Recruiter will serve the Western Maryland and Northern Virginia Markets along with the eastern panhandle of West Virginia. The Regional Recruiter designs and implements student recruitment activities to serve the Enrollment Management plan and strategic goals for the institution. This individual will serve as a public relations and customer service specialist to students, parents, counselors, and alumni in the region. This position requires great independence and an individual who is flexible and creative in approach.
The Regional Recruiter must be living in or willing to relocate to the WV Eastern Panhandle area or Western Maryland/Northern Virginia/DC areas and will work in a professional home office space. This position reports to the Vice President of Enrollment Management
- Build relationships with schools, families, and independent counselors to help increase enrollment. Development of the market to broaden qualified applicant pool with established goals and targets.
- Scheduling of all travel events within the framework of the plan including booking of high school visits, College fairs, independent counselor programs, and yield events among other creative programming designed by the Regional Recruiter.
- Increase of campus visits from students in the region through organized trips, promotion of events, student follow-up, and active event registration.
- Coordination of prospects with the Office of Admissions in Buckhannon, WV through electronic transmission of inquiries, applications, and other admissions materials and regular communication to in-office staff and counselors.
- Some data entry including entry of materials received in the field for immediate fulfillment by the Office of Admissions.
- Extensive travel and driving are required to targeted high schools and events in assigned region to provide presentations to students and parents including. Attendance to on-campus special events would also be expected throughout the year.
- Counselor outreach including in-region counselor events, visits, and organized trips to campus.
- Interview prospective students in the field for on-site admissions.
- Regular on-campus and electronic trainings and constant education on majors, programs, and higher education trends.
- Regular reporting on travel, prospects, visit registrations, and application and inquiry growth,
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven organizational and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to represent the College in a professional manner in interacting with students, parents, alumni, school counselors
- Demonstrated track record of mentoring and supporting students from all backgrounds, including underrepresented students.
- A strong aptitude with technology and social media
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team framework but also independently as required
- Willingness to work weeknights and weekends
- Valid driver’s license with driving experience
- The ability to move or transport heavy boxes of material is required