Location: West Virginia Eastern Panhandle, Western Maryland, Northern Virginia, and the District of Columbia
West Virginia Wesleyan College is seeking an energetic and self-motivated Regional Recruiter for the West Virginia Eastern Panhandle, Western Maryland, and Northern Virginia/Washington DC area who is fluent in English and Spanish. The ideal candidate will be motivated, dedicated, hard-working, and possess a strong desire to succeed.
The Regional Recruiter designs and implements student recruitment activities and will be expected to collaborate closely with the Admissions team to achieve recruitment goals. This individual will serve as a public relations and customer service specialist to students, parents, counselors, and alumni in the region. This position requires great independence and an individual who is flexible and creative in approach, and has a passion for student success at Wesleyan. The position will also require strong writing skills in support of communication outreach efforts to the region.
The Regional Recruiter must be living in or willing to relocate to the West Virginia Eastern Panhandle or Western Maryland/Northern Virginia/DC areas and will work in a professional home office space. This position reports to the Director of Marketing.
Travel reimbursement will be provided.
- Build relationships with schools, families, and independent counselors to help increase enrollment. Development of the market to broaden qualified applicant pool with established goals and targets.
- Scheduling of all travel events within the framework of the plan including booking of high school visits, college fairs, independent counselor programs, and yield events among other creative programming designed by the Regional Recruiter.
- Increase of campus visits from students in the region through organized trips, promotion of events, student follow-up, and active event registration.
- Coordination of prospects with the Office of Admissions in Buckhannon, WV through electronic transmission of inquiries, applications, and other admissions materials and regular communication to in-office staff and counselors.
- Some data entry including entry of materials received in the field for immediate fulfillment by the Office of Admissions.
- Extensive travel and driving are required to targeted high schools and events in assigned region to provide presentations to students and parents including. Attendance to on-campus special events would also be expected throughout the year.
- Counselor outreach including in-region counselor events, visits, and organized trips to campus.
- Interview prospective students in the field for on-site admissions.
- Regular on-campus and electronic trainings and constant education on majors, programs, and higher education trends.
- Regular reporting on travel, prospects, visit registrations, and application and inquiry growth.
- Able to develop and write press releases, social media posts, stories, and features in support of recruitment efforts in the region.
- Other duties as assigned.
To Apply: Email letter of interest, resume and three references to Larry Orman, Director of Marketing and Communication, orman.l@wvwc.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven organizational and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to represent the College in a professional manner in interactions with students, parents, alumni, and school counselors
- Demonstrated track record of mentoring and supporting students from all backgrounds, including underrepresented groups.
- Experience in working with ethnically diverse populations. Must be bilingual in Spanish/English and fluent in both speaking and writing
- A strong aptitude with technology and social media
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team framework but also independently as required
- Willing and able to work some weeknights and weekends
- Valid driver’s license with driving experience