West Virginia Wesleyan College is accepting applications for a full-time Security Officer. The position is primarily responsible for security patrols to maintain security of buildings and provide a safe and secure environment for the campus community.
Security Officer Job Duties:
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, and campus perimeter.
- Ability to communicate on the phone and by radio to college personnel and Emergency Services Personnel.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; escorting trespassers off the property.
- Controls parking by enforcing parking policies.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Maintains environment by monitoring buildings and property.
- Maintains organization’s stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Anyone interested in the position should send a letter of interest and current resume or a completed application, available in the Security Office, to the following.
Vickie J. Crowder
Director of Human Resources
West Virginia Wesleyan College
59 College Avenue
Buckhannon, WV 26201
A high school diploma is required with preferably three years of experience and/or training as a police officer, security, or private investigator. The successful candidate must be willing to work all shifts, including weekends, holidays, night and day shift. A background investigation will be conducted on the successful candidate.
- Surveillance Skills
- Deals with Uncertainty
- Emotional Control
- Walking for Extended Periods
- Safety Management
- Reporting Skills