West Virginia Wesleyan College is seeking a full-time, 12-month, Utility Craft/HVAC Technician.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Perform daily preventive and corrective maintenance for all heating and air conditioning systems.
- Charge systems with appropriate refrigerant, test for leaks, clean coils, replace filters and belts
- The essential functions include: perform skilled HVAC duties regarding air conditioning and boiler trouble shooting, control adjustment and replacement.
- Be knowledgeable with ability to perform pipefitting duties as related to HVAC duties
- Perform other duties as assigned by administrative personnel of West Virginia Wesleyan College
- Ability to read, write, and understand oral and written communications.
- Five years on the job experience with a bona fide commercial HVAC contractor.
- Hold Universal refrigerant license
- Hold a WV Div. of Labor HVAC Technician License (new state requirement).
- Valid driver’s license.
- Maintenance Supervisor and Director of Physical Plant
- Requires ability to lift 25-50 lbs., climb ladders, manipulate and use power / hand tools, and visually and manually inspect work being performed on campus as needed.
- Exposure to hot and cold climates, and moderate exposure to dusty, dirty environments.
- Potential exposure to blood-borne pathogens.
Terms of Employment:
- As determined by the Collective Bargaining Agreement and West Virginia Wesleyan College.
- Performance of this position will be evaluated annually.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and names and contact information of three references to email@example.com. On the subject of the email, please enter: ##7## – Utility Craft/HVAC Technician. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Equal Opportunity Policy
West Virginia Wesleyan College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the College to create a favorable work environment in which all employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religious affiliation, can enjoy equal opportunities in their employment relationship with the College.