West Virginia Wesleyan College is seeking a full-time, 12-month, Utility Craft/HVAC Technician.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Perform daily preventive and corrective maintenance for all heating and air conditioning systems.
- Charge systems with appropriate refrigerant, test for leaks, clean coils, replace filters and belts
- The essential functions include: perform skilled HVAC duties regarding air conditioning and boiler trouble shooting, control adjustment and replacement.
- Be knowledgeable with ability to perform pipefitting duties as related to HVAC duties
- Perform other duties as assigned by administrative personnel of West Virginia Wesleyan College
- Ability to read, write, and understand oral and written communications.
- Five years on the job experience with a bona fide commercial HVAC contractor.
- Hold Universal refrigerant license
- Hold a WV Div. of Labor HVAC Technician License (new state requirement).
- Valid driver’s license.
- Maintenance Supervisor and Director of Physical Plant
- Requires ability to lift 25-50 lbs., climb ladders, manipulate and use power / hand tools, and visually and manually inspect work being performed on campus as needed.
- Exposure to hot and cold climates, and moderate exposure to dusty, dirty environments.
- Potential exposure to blood-borne pathogens.
Terms of Employment:
- As determined by the Collective Bargaining Agreement and West Virginia Wesleyan College.
- Performance of this position will be evaluated annually.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and names and contact information of three references to email@example.com. On the subject of the email, please enter: ##7## – Utility Craft/HVAC Technician. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.