West Virginia Wesleyan College is seeking a full-time, 12-month, Utility Person/Pool Operator.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Successfully complete a Certified Pool Operator course within a 6 month period, or as scheduled by Physical Plant Management, and maintain the pool and keep records.
- Perform general assignments throughout the College or may be assigned to a more specific support function related to one or more departments.
- The essential and marginal functions include: set ups campus wide; maintain proper chemical levels in pool water; clean pool filters, pool area and dressing rooms; may also be directed to perform custodial duties within the campus center, as necessary during social events and any additional duties or job descriptions a assigned by administrative personnel of West Virginia Wesleyan College.
- Ability to read, write and understand oral and written communications.
- 2-year on the job experience in pool maintenance within the college or certification in swimming pool maintenance.
- Working knowledge in the use of custodial equipment and power tools.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be knowledgeable of environmental products and their proper application and disposal procedures.
- Holds aquatic certification for commercial pool maintenance or obtains the certification within one year of employment.
Custodial Lead Person, Custodial Supervisor, Maintenance Supervisor or Physical Plant Director
- Requires ability to lift 25-50 lbs., climb ladders, manipulate and use power/hand tools, and visually and manually inspect work being performed on campus as needed.
- Exposure to hot and cold climates and moderate exposure to dusty, dirty environments.
- Potential exposure to blood-borne pathogens.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- As determined by the Collective Bargaining Agreement and West Virginia Wesleyan College.
- Performance of this position will be evaluated annually.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and names and contact information of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. On the subject of the email, please enter:
##7## – Utility Person/Pool Operator. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.