6 Hours Per Week
10 Positions Available
Local childcare centers have positions for after school assistants for school-aged children. Transportation needed for some locations. Other locations are within walking distance. Tasks include math and literacy support through tutoring, one-on-one academic support, and homework help. After school partner sites include the tutoring program and homework support at Stockert Youth Center, and the school-aged after school programs at the Child Development Center of Central WV and Mountain Cap’s Creative Beginnings childcare center in Tennerton.
- Genuine interest in working with school-aged children
- Enthusiasm to assist in after school childcare setting and be open to instruction
- Desire to learn how to interact with school-aged children
- Reliable transportation (for sites outside walking distance)
- Elementary / Secondary Education Majors preferred
- Current TB Test
- Current Food Handlers card
Equal Opportunity Policy
West Virginia Wesleyan College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the College to create a favorable work environment in which all employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religious affiliation, can enjoy equal opportunities in their employment relationship with the College.