6 Hours Per Week
10 Positions Available
Several local elementary schools have positions for tutors to assist children in improving their math and reading skills. Transportation is needed for some locations. Other locations are within walking distance. Tasks include assisting the teacher with tutoring children either one-on-one or in small groups. Participating schools include: Buckhannon Academy Elementary School, Tennerton Elementary School, and Union Elementary School.
- Genuine willingness to work with children in academic setting
- Enthusiasm to assist teacher/s and and be open to instruction
- Desire to learn how to tutor children and apply tutoring skills
- Strong communication skills
- Reliable transportation
- Current TB Test
- Current Food Handler’s card
Equal Opportunity Policy
West Virginia Wesleyan College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the College to create a favorable work environment in which all employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religious affiliation, can enjoy equal opportunities in their employment relationship with the College.