West Virginia Wesleyan College is seeking a full-time, 12-month, Utility Craft/Master Electrician.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- A full range of skilled electrical work including the installation, maintenance, modification, and repair of electrical apparatuses, fire alarm systems and elevator controls. The Electrician inspects, isolates, troubleshoots and repairs electrical malfunctions using various test instruments; operates electrical power-generating and other electrical equipment and systems; maintains and repairs low voltage systems; tests electrical equipment for safety and efficiency; plans the layout and wiring of new or remodeled installations; fabricates electrical parts; advises in the selection and storage of electrical equipment; inspects completed work for conformance with specifications, requirements and compliance with applicable building and safety codes and regulations; inspects related work performed by contractors; cleans, maintains and services tools and equipment; performs other duties as assigned by administrative personnel of West Virginia Wesleyan College.
- Desired Qualifications: Master Electrician License or the acquisition of a Master Electrician License within the first year of employment and 10 years of experience with a commercial electrical contractor or an Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering with five years working with a commercial electrical contractor.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical theory and the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the electrical trade for the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical apparatuses, equipment and systems; and a thorough knowledge of applicable state and federal codes and regulations pertaining to the electrical trade, including the National Electric Code, State of West Virginia and local Electrical Safety Codes.
- Must be able to assemble, install, maintain and repair electrical apparatuses; operate all applicable tools and equipment necessary to perform skilled electrical work; read, interpret and work from blue prints, plans, drawings, schematics, diagrams and specifications; maintain records and retrieve data related to work performed using manual and computerized recordkeeping systems; prepare standard reports; provide instruction to unskilled and semi-skilled assistants; analyze and respond appropriately to emergency situations; read and write at a level appropriate to the position; and perform arithmetic calculations as required by the position.
- Valid West Virginia drivers license
Maintenance Supervisor and Director of Physical Plant
- Requires ability to lift 25-50 lbs., climb ladders, manipulate and use power/hand tools, and visually and manually inspect work being performed on campus as needed.
- Exposure to hot and cold climates and moderate exposure to dusty, dirty environments.
- Potential exposure to blood-borne pathogens.
TERMS OF EMPOLYMENT:
As determined by the Collective Bargaining Agreement and West Virginia Wesleyan College.
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and names and contact information of three references to email@example.com. On the subject of the email, please enter: ##7## – Utility Craft/Master Electrician. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.