You have options when it comes to deciding whether and how to report your experience. If you decide to make a report, you can choose to do so confidentially, to file a formal complaint on campus, and/or to file criminal charges with police. To help you make the choice that’s best for you, review the resources and options below.

Wesleyan’s Reporting and Options Brochure

College faculty, staff (including residential student staff), and administrators are expected to report actual or suspected discrimination or harassment to appropriate officials, with some limited exceptions. Be aware of confidentiality and mandatory reporting requirements when consulting campus resources. On campus, some resources may maintain confidentiality – meaning they are not required to report to College officials, unless requested by the victim or in the case of a threat.

Confidential Reporting Options

If a reporting party would like the details of an incident kept confidential, the reporting party may speak with:


  • Director of Counseling Services, Shauna Jones
  • Community Care of WV medical providers in the Health Center
  • Chaplain/Spiritual Life Coordinator
  • Debra Dean Murphy, Associate Professor, Religious Studies
  • Laurie Goux, Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion

Employees listed above will maintain confidentiality except in cases involving an immediate threat or danger.


  • Licensed professional counselors
  • Licensed medical professionals
  • Pastoral counselors recognized by a religious denomination
  • Local victim advocates and crisis counselors
    • Centers Against Violence, 304-473-0070 or text 304-840-SAFE
Formal Reporting Options


  • Title IX Coordinator, Amy Kittle
    •, 304-621-1316
    • Deputy Title IX Coordinator
      • Vickie Crowder, Director of Human Resources, 304-473-8032
      • Alisa Lively, Dean of Students, 304-473-8443
      • Jackie Hinton, Director of Athletics Compliance, 304-473-8507
      • Dr. Lynn M. Linder, Vice President for Academic Affairs, 304-473-8042


  • Buckhannon City Police, 304-472-5723

Anonymous Report:

The option of making an anonymous report by victims and/or third parties is available using the online reporting form link below or by calling the Campus Conduct hotline (866-943-5787).  Note that while anonymous reports may prompt a need for the institution to investigate, it may be limited in its ability to do so unless sufficient information is provided for a meaningful and fair investigation to take place.

Click here, to complete the online reporting form.

West Virginia Wesleyan College supports your decision to report and wishes to remove any extra barriers to your decision to do so. No one who makes a good faith report will be penalized by the College for minor policy violations, including alcohol or drug use related to the incident being reported.

No matter what you choose to do, please speak with someone about what you have experienced. There is no shortage of individuals ready to listen and support you on campus, our Counseling staff in particular, and there are multiple sources of support in the local community as well.