Current Students

West Virginia Wesleyan College currently enrolled students may submit a request for a change to their legal name on institutional records (including transcript) by completing the Request for Legal Name Change form and producing one of the following legal documents:

  • An original or certified copy of a marriage license or court order reflecting the new name (an original or certified copy must be surrendered to keep on file)
  • A government-issued official proof of identity (driver’s license, Social Security card, passport) reflecting the name change

Former Students (enrolled 2002 or after)

Former students enrolled after 2002, please follow the same policy outlined for current students above.

Requests for a name change along with supporting documentation should be submitted to the Academic Services/Registrar’s Office as indicated on the form.  International students’ names must appear as they appear on the passport issue by the home country.