West Virginia Wesleyan College is seeking an admissions counselor to join a collaborative and creative Enrollment Management team. The admissions counselor position will combine office work and travel and will serve key recruitment markets. markets. The successful candidate will be fun, creative, hard-working, and team-oriented.
- Build relationships with schools, families, and independent counselors to help increase enrollment. Development of the market to broaden qualified applicant pool with established goals and targets.
- Scheduling of travel events within the framework of the plan including booking of high school visits, College fairs, and other programs.
- Review of applications and follow-up to prospects by phone, email, and text. Management of territory, goals, and results.
- Attendance and support to all special weekend events including open houses, conversion and registration days, and orientation.
- Extensive travel and driving are required to targeted high schools and events in assigned region to provide presentations to students and parents including yield events, high school visits, school sponsorship, and other programming.
- Counselor outreach including in-region counselor events, visits, and organized trips to campus.
- Interview prospective students in the field for on-site admissions
- Regular reporting on travel, prospects, visit registrations, and application and inquiry growth
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven organizational and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to represent the College in a professional manner in interacting with students, parents, alumni, school counselors
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team framework but also independently as required
- Willingness to work weeknights and weekends
- Valid driver’s license with driving experience
- The ability to move or transport heavy boxes of material is required
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and names and contact information of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. On the subject of the email, please enter: ##4## – Admissions Counselor. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.